Entering and staying in the UK


  • Visit the UK as a Standard Visitor for tourism, business, study (courses up to 6 months), medical treatment and other activities. Find out whether you need a Standard Visitor visa, or can visit without a visa.

  • You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

  • Apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa to live and work in the UK if you’re from a participating country - fees, eligibility, how to apply.

  • Apply for a Skilled Worker visa (formerly a Tier 2 General work visa) if you’ve been offered a skilled job with a UK employer - eligibility, fees, documents, extend, switch or update, bring your partner and children, taking on additional work.

  • Find the address, contact details and opening times of the UK visa application centre for your country.

Guidance and regulation

News and communications

Research and statistics

Transparency and freedom of information releases