Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office

Latest from the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office

What we do


Our ministers

Our management

Permanent Under-Secretary
Second Permanent Under-Secretary
Director General Geopolitics and Political Director
Director General, Finance and Corporate
Director General, Defence and Intelligence
Director General, Humanitarian and Development
Director General, Economics, Climate and Global Issues
Director General, Indo-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa
Director General, Europe
Director General, Africa, the Americas and Overseas Territories
Legal Adviser
Chief Economist and Director for Economics and Evaluation Directorate
FCDO Chief Scientific Adviser and Director for Research and Evidence
Interim Lead Non-Executive Director
Non-Executive Director

Special representatives

Prime Minister’s Special Representative for Preventing Sexual Violence in Conflict
United Kingdom Special Envoy for post-Holocaust issues
Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief
Prime Minister’s Deputy Special Envoy for Freedom of Religion or Belief
Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Girls’ Education
Prime Minister's Special Envoy to the Western Balkans
Prime Minister’s Special Envoy on LGBT+ Rights
Special Envoy for Gender Equality
Modern Slavery Envoy
Commonwealth Envoy
Special Envoy for the Red Sea and Horn of Africa
Special Envoy for Small Island Developing States
Special Envoy for the African Great Lakes and Head of Southern and Central Africa Department
Foreign Secretary’s Representative for Humanitarian Affairs in the Occupied Palestinian Territories

Contact FCDO

Office address (London)

King Charles Street
United Kingdom

General enquiries telephone

020 7008 5000

Office address (East Kilbride)

Abercrombie House Eaglesham Road
East Kilbride
G75 8EA
United Kingdom


01355 844 000


01355 844 099

Use this phone number for Overseas Pensions enquiries or to contact a named member of staff.

Media enquiries


020 7008 3100

Contact the FCDO Communication Team via email (monitored 24 hours a day) in the first instance, and we will respond as soon as possible.

Legalisation and apostille service


03700 00 22 44 between 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday

If you need to use British documents for business or personal matters abroad.

Travel advice

View our Travel Advice pages for our latest information on the country you’re visiting. If you have a question about our advice or a topic that isn’t covered, contact us.

Contact an embassy, high commission or consulate

You can contact us at any time in an emergency, for example if you have been in an accident or arrested. Select option 1. If you call us through your nearest British embassy, high commission or consulate select the option ‘consular services for British nationals overseas’.

Chevening Scholarships

Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and partner organisations.

Lancaster House

Senior Events Manager
Stable Yard
St James’
United Kingdom

Senior Events Manager

020 7008 2711

Internal Audit & Investigations Directorate

Director of Internal Audit & Investigations
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
King Charles Street
United Kingdom

confidential hotline

+44 (0)1355 843 747

The FCDO Internal Audit Department’s fraud and safeguarding investigation team is for raising concerns, suspicions and/or allegations of fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse or other corrupt practices. Your information will be treated in confidence. You do not have to provide your name, but doing so will assist us in taking forward your concerns.

General enquiries

The FCDO does not respond to visa or passport enquiries. If you are abroad, need to travel and cannot get a UK passport in time, you can apply for an Emergency Travel Document.

Make an FOI request

  1. Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
  2. Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
  3. Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.

Freedom of Information requests

Information Rights Unit
Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
Room WG.75
King Charles Street
United Kingdom

Our personal information charter explains your rights under the Data Protection Act (DPA), including how to access any data we may hold about you.

High profile groups within FCDO

Corporate information

Jobs and contracts

Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.