Correct a mistake on your tax credits claim form

Call the Tax Credit Helpline straight away to correct a mistake on your claim form.


If you do not call you may receive tax credits you’re not entitled to - this is called an overpayment.

You must repay any overpaid money and you may be fined.

You could be fined up to £3,000 if you give wrong information.