Tell DVLA you've sold, transferred or bought a vehicle

Tell DVLA when you no longer own a vehicle, or you buy a vehicle as either a registered keeper or motor trader.

This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

You cannot use this service if you’ve already sent your log book (V5C) by post.

This service is available from 7am to 7pm.

You must tax a vehicle you’ve bought before you drive it, or declare it off the road (a SORN). The tax is not transferred to you when you buy the vehicle.

Start now