Request information about a vehicle or its registered keeper from DVLA

You can ask DVLA for information about your vehicle or another vehicle and its registered keeper if you have a ‘reasonable cause’.

Information about another vehicle or its registered keeper

You can ask for details of another vehicle’s registered keeper. You’ll need a ‘reasonable cause’, for example:

  • finding out who was responsible for an accident
  • tracing the registered keeper of an abandoned vehicle
  • tracing the registered keeper of a vehicle parked on private land
  • giving out parking tickets
  • giving out trespass charge notices
  • tracing people responsible for driving off without paying for goods and services
  • tracing people suspected of insurance fraud

Private car parking management companies that give out parking tickets or trespass charge notices can only request information from DVLA if they’re members of the British Parking Association or the International Parking Community.

How to make a request

Fill in a form and apply by post. The form you need to use depends on whether you’re:

If your company does not issue parking or trespass notices and you want information about a vehicle on a specific date, you can:

  • request the name and address information for the keeper of a vehicle - use form V888/2A
  • request any other information about a vehicle (for example insurance company details) - use form V888/2B

Details of how to pay and where to send your application are on each form.

You can download further information on requesting information from DVLA.

Information about you or your vehicle

You can ask for information that DVLA holds about:

  • you
  • your current vehicle
  • a vehicle that used to be registered in your name

It’s free.

You may need information from your driving licence and vehicle log book (V5C).

You can also view your driving record for a list of your driving bans, penalty points and disqualifications.

Make a request by email

Download and fill in the ‘make a subject access request to DVLA’ form.

Send it by email to

Make a request by post

Print and fill in the ‘make a subject access request to DVLA’ form.

Send it to the DVLA.

Subject access request enquiries
SA99 1BX

Do not use these details for general enquiries - contact DVLA instead.