Report child abuse to a local council

If you think a child or young person is at risk or being abused or neglected, contact the children’s social care team at their local council. If you do not know where they live, contact your local council’s team, the NSPCC or the Police for advice.

You can read about what might happen after you report it.

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

Further information

This service is for England only.

You can also report child abuse to your local authority in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.