Homes for Ukraine: record your interest

If you want to offer a home to people fleeing Ukraine, you can become a sponsor as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Use this service to record your interest in becoming a sponsor. This service is for potential sponsors who have not yet been matched with a Ukrainian guest.

You could be matched with a person or family who has already lived in the UK but needs a new home.

Who can record their interest

Anyone in the UK who has not been matched with a Ukrainian person or family, as long as:

  • you can offer a spare room or home for at least 6 months
  • you’re a British or Irish citizen or you’re settled in the UK (known as having ‘indefinite leave to remain’) on the date of your guest’s visa application
  • you do not have a criminal record

What you’ll get

During your guest’s stay with you, you’ll get:

  • £350 a month for the first 12 months that your guest is in the UK
  • £500 a month for the rest of their Homes for Ukraine visa permission stay

Ukrainian guests can stay in the UK for:

  • up to 36 months, if they submitted an application before 3pm on 19 February 2024
  • up to 18 months, if they submitted an application after 3pm on 19 February 2024

If you already know who you want to sponsor

You do not need to record your interest if you already know who you want to sponsor.

You can help them apply for a visa under the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme instead.

There’s a different way to apply if you want to sponsor a child who is not travelling with or joining their parent or legal guardian in the UK.

Record your interest (houses in England or Northern Ireland)

Start now

Record your interest (houses in Scotland or Wales)

Complete the registration form to:

What happens next

Your details will be shared with your local council who may contact you if someone in your area needs a sponsor.

Contact one of the following organisations to be matched with a Ukrainian person more quickly:

Once you have been matched, your local council will:

  • carry out disclosure and barring service (DBS) checks
  • visit your property to check it meets the required standards

You can read more about being a sponsor, including responsibilities, checks, and how you can support your guests.

Withdrawing your interest

If you want to withdraw your interest, you do not need to do anything now. You can tell your local council or chosen organisation that you want to withdraw when they contact you.