Pubs Code Adjudicator

Latest from Pubs Code Adjudicator

What we do

The Pubs Code Adjudicator is responsible for enforcing the statutory Pubs Code. The Pubs Code regulates the relationship between all pub companies owning 500 or more tied pubs in England and Wales and their tied tenants.

PCA works with the Department for Business and Trade.

Read more about what we do


Research and statistics

See all research and statistics

Our management

Pubs Code Adjudicator

Contact PCA

General enquiries

Pubs Code Adjudicator
4th Floor
23 Stephenson Street
B2 4BJ
United Kingdom

Call back service

0800 528 8080

If you have a query about the Pubs Code or an arbitration referral, you may find the answer in our helpful factsheets:

Alternatively, complete our enquiry form, or send us an email. If you would prefer to discuss your enquiry, you can request a call back by telephoning the number above.

Please note: the PCA cannot deal with complaints about pubs. This includes concerns about pub staff or service.


Pubs Code arbitrations are managed by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) on behalf of the PCA. Full details, including how to pay the referral fee, can be found on their website:

There is a difference between a general enquiry and a formal referral to the PCA for arbitration. You can only make a referral if you are a tied tenant (or a pub owning business in relation to market rent only disputes), or authorised to act on their behalf.

Make an FOI request

  1. Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
  2. Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.

Corporate information

Jobs and contracts

Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out About our services.