File your accounts and Company Tax Return

Use this service to file your company or association’s:

  • Company Tax Return (CT600) for Corporation Tax with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
  • accounts with Companies House
  • Company Tax Return and accounts at the same time if they’re for the same accounting period

The service will automatically convert your accounts to the required format (iXBRL).

If you’re a charity or unincorporated association

You should:

  • use this online service to file a tax return with HMRC
  • use filing software to file your accounts online with Companies House

If you’re a community interest company

You should:

There’s a different process if you need to file your confirmation statement (annual return) with Companies House.

File your accounts and tax return online

Use this service to file a tax return with HMRC and your accounts with Companies House.

Start now

Before you start

To use this service you’ll need your:

  • Company’s annual accounts - they must be ‘balanced’, so your total assets should match what you owe
  • Government Gateway user ID and password - if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you first use this service
  • Companies House password and authentication code (if you’re filing your accounts at the same time) - you get these when you register with Companies House

Other ways to file

You can only use the paper form (CT600) if either:

  • you’re unable to file online because you have a reasonable excuse
  • you want to file in Welsh

You must also fill in and post form WT1 to explain why you’ve used the paper form.