Contact the police

Contact the police by calling 999 to report emergencies or by calling 101 for non-emergencies.

Reporting an emergency

Call 999 if you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.

Reporting non-emergencies

Report crimes online or by calling 101 if they are not an emergency.

You can also call 101 to give information to the police or make an enquiry.

If you live in Scotland you can search by postcode to find and contact your local policing team.

Reporting terrorist activity

Call 999 or the police anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321 to report an immediate terrorist threat.

You can also report a possible terrorist threat online.

Calls to 999, 101 or 0800 numbers are free.