Claim and deal with Child Benefit for someone else

Skip to contents of guide

If your child has a baby

You can claim Child Benefit for a child you’re responsible for and their baby.

If your child is claiming the Child Benefit, you can collect the payment on their behalf by talking to their bank.

The Child Benefit Office can only pay Child Benefit into one account. This can be a joint account you share with your child, but their name must be on the account too.

This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).